Who needs DA form 2062?
A DA Form 2062 is the United States Army’s form used to assign responsibility and accountability for an Army issued item or piece of equipment that has component pieces. The form is also commonly labelled as a Hand Receipt/Annex Number. DA-2062 Form should be supplied to a service member who is taking possession of Army issued equipment.
What is the purpose of the DA-2062 Form?
The Hand Receipt officially registers the transfer of the Army items and equipment to a new holder and provides the description of those items.
Is the DA-2062 Hand Receipt accompanied by any other forms?
No, typically there is no need to accompany the form DA-2062 by any other documents.
When is the Hand Receipt due?
The DA form 2062 doesn’t imply meeting a certain deadline for submission, it just has to be filed when the need requires.
How to fill out the DA form 2062?
The following information must be clearly indicated on the form DA-2062:
- The holder (unit, section, organization) transferring the items;
- The name and rank of the new holder of the items and equipment or its pieces;
- The end item stock number;
- The end item description;
- The publication number and date;
- List of the items transferred including their stock numbers, descriptions, quantity.